Win 1 of 3 copies of Trouble in Paradise
closing date: 6 Dec 2012
Eureka Entertainment have announced that they will be releasing TROUBLE IN PARADISE, for the first time ever on home video in the UK, released in a DVD edition.
Widely regarded as one of the greatest romantic comedies ever made, this Hollywood classic, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, legendary filmmaker behind Ninotchka, The Shop Around the Corner, and To Be or Not to Be stars Hollywood icons Herbert Marshall (Foreign Correspondent, The Fly), Miriam Hopkins (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Heiress), Edward Everett Horton (Lost Horizon, Arsenic and Old Lace), and Charlie Ruggles (Bringing Up Baby, Ruggles of Red Gap)
Jean Renoir once said of Ernst Lubitsch (Ninotchka, The Shop Around the Corner, and To Be or Not to Be): "He invented the modern Hollywood." And none of the director's films has had greater influence or impact than Trouble in Paradise. With his first comedy of the sound era, Lubitsch created one of cinema's supreme visions of shimmering romance and worldly sophistication.
When career thief Gaston Monescu (Herbert Marshall) meets glamorous pickpocket Lily (Miriam Hopkins), their love soon takes on a professional dimension as they initiate a plot to rob beautiful perfume magnate Mariette Colet (Kay Francis). But as Gaston gets ever closer to his intended prey, his romantic confusion, as well as the threat that his past will catch up with him, throws their plan into jeopardy.
A breathtakingly nimble and elegant examination of the perils of mixing "business" with pleasure, this gloriously adult and witty comedy features a peerless screenplay by Samson Raphaelson, effervescent performances by its stars (including Charlie Ruggles and Edward Everett Horton), and exquisite direction by the legendary Lubitsch. Rarely equalled, never topped, The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the UK home viewing premičre of Trouble in Paradise. Released on DVD in the UK on 12 November 2012.
• New high-definition transfer in the film's original aspect ratio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired
• Illustrated booklet featuring the words of Lubitsch, rare archival imagery, and more
• Further details to be announced nearer the release date!To enter:
1) Follow us on then tweet “I want to win TROUBLE IN PARADISE on DVD! @filmnewsweb”
2) Like us on and add a comment saying “I want to win TROUBLE IN PARADISE on DVD”
3) Just send an email with TROUBLE IN PARADISE! in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, address and telephone number. Winners will be notified by phone/email.
It’s that simple! Best of luck!
To be in with a chance of winning 1000 CDs/DVDs including rare, signed and promotional copies simply ‘like’ our Award Winning music-news.com facebook page . And double your chances by following music-news.com on Twitter
For all CDs, gig tickets and other music related prizes visit our sister site music-news.com competitions page here.
> For more Film-News competitions click here